What are the current fees?
We are happy to announced no increase in any fees for 2022. The Association Fee for 2022 is:
- Houses – $90.00/year plus GST = $94.50
- Condo Units – $45.00/year plus GST = $47.50
Fees are due on March 15* of the current year. On April 1, of the current year, all outstanding Fee invoices are assessed a one time $30.00+GST administration fee that is invoiced and added to the member account. (*May vary)
The GHA thanks you for keeping your account current. Please see the Projects Page for our planned 2022 projects.
How and why Fees are charged
The Grange Homeowners Association (GHA) was established in early 2000 by the Developer to own, operate and maintain the common facilities of the Grange Community through registering an encumbrance against each lot and unit title in the Grange area. As such, all registered owners in the Grange area are members of The Grange Homeowners Association (GHA) and are bound by the obligations of the encumbrance.
At the beginning of each year, the elected Board of Directors of the GHA determine costs for ongoing community maintenance, administration, projects for the current year and a reasonable reserve for future costs. A budget is established and the annual fee is set. Each property subject to the encumbrance, and by extension the current registered owner(s), receives notice of the fee set for the current year.
Why we charge GST on Fees
In 2020, our Auditor for the fiscal year of 2019, Cass & Fraser Chartered Professional Accountants, determined that the GHA should collect/remit GST since GHA revenues had exceeded the $50K threshold . To ensure that we were doing everything correctly, and in the best interests of our members, the Board consulted our legal advisors at Parlee McLaws LLP. On their recommendation we engaged BDO Canada LLP, whose tax attorney confirmed, that as a Homeowners Association, we were bound by CRA regulations to collect/remit GST. BDO also worked on our behalf to obtain our GST number, complete the necessary paperwork to CRA and determine any outstanding GST from prior years. As of this date (2022-02-01) we have not received an updated reconciliation from CRA. Funds have been reserved accordingly.
The Grange Homeowners is listed as a vendor for anyone that is dealing with the Servus Credit or other credit unions.
Use this format for your invoice:
Condo=C+[plan]+[unit] Single=P+[plan]+[block]+[lot] ie – C1234567123 or P123456712123
Paying by E-Transfer
Please follow the instructions below very carefully:
- All e-transfer payments must be emailed to email@example.com.
- No security password is required. To ensure the e-transfer gets credited to your account in messages put your <name & address> (e.g. John Doe, 1, 2004 Grantham Drive or 1086 Grantham Drive) Make sure if you live in a condo you put the unit number.
- If your personal information has changed please update it in the contacts page on this website.
Paying by Cheque or Money Order
- Payable To: “The Grange Homeowners Association”
- Mail to:
The Grange Homeowners Association
Suite #458, 17008-90th Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5T 1L6
- Kindly indicate your invoice number or address of the home you are paying the fee for within the memo section of the cheque.
- Include the remittance slip at the bottom of your invoice and update any personal information.
Credit Card via CommuniBee App
- CommuniBee App
- Download CommuniBee App – Apple / Android
- Sign- up for an account
- Select The Grange Homeowners Association
- Click Annual Fees
- Choose House or Condominium so you pay the correct amount
- Click Auto renew option so you never have to worry about paying your GHOA fees again
- Extra service charge of $5.00 will be added to annual fees to cover service charges from Stripe