Pay Annual Membership Fees
When the community of The Grange was first established, an encumbrance was registered against each lot to allow for the establishment of a neighbourhood homeowners association. The Grange Homeowners Association (GHOA) is comprised of all registered owners within The Grange area registered under that encumbrance.
The encumbrance allows the Board of Directors of the GHOA to collect a fee from all residents where encumbrances have been registered. The GHOA Board of Directors sets the amount and use of those fees with input from the community members.
To read the encumbrance document you can download the attached document.
GST on HOA Fees
Starting in 2021, the Grange Homeowners Association will be charging GST on all fees. Our Auditor for the fiscal year of 2019, Cass & Fraser Chartered Professional Accountants, informed us that we need to collect and remit GST, since our organization makes revenues over $50,000.
Since the start of the Grange Homeowners Association, the Board has understood that collecting GST was not necessary, as we felt that we were acting in the same capacity as a Condominium Board. Condominium fees are GST exempt, as per the CRA guidelines. So, the Board felt it was necessary to seek the advice of a tax law expert. On the recommendation of our legal advisors at Parlee McLaws LLP, we reached out to BDO Canada LLP. An accountant within BDO Canada LLP, has confirmed that in fact Homeowners Associations, such as ours, have to collect and remit GST. The same accountant will be working on our behalf registering for GST and correcting our historic GST accounting.
What are the current fees?
Association Fees for the 2021 fiscal year are as follows:
- Houses – $90.00/year plus GST = $94.50
- Condo Units – $45.00/year plus GST = $47.50
Fees for 2021 are due on March 15, 2020. On April 15, 2021 a $30.00 administration fee will be added to the amount owing.
Should you have
Paying by E-Transfer
Following the instructions below very carefully: Note: this is new since August, 2019:
- All e-transfer payments must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No security password is required. To ensure the e-transfer gets credited to your account in messages put your <name & address> (e.g. John Doe, 1, 2004 Grantham Drive or 1086 Grantham Drive) Make sure if you live in a condo you put the unit number.
- If your personal information has changed please update it in the contacts page on this website.
Paying by Cheque or Money Order
- Payable To: “The Grange Homeowners Association”
- Mail to:
The Grange Homeowners Association
Suite #458, 17008-90th Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5T 1L6
- Kindly indicate your invoice number or address of the home you are paying the fee for within the memo section of the cheque.
- Include the remittance slip at the bottom of your invoice and update any personal information.
Credit Card via CommuniBee App
- CommuniBee App
- Download CommuniBee App – Apple / Android
- Sign- up for an account
- Select The Grange Homeowners Association
- Click Annual Fees
- Choose House or Condominium so you pay the correct amount
- Click Auto renew option so you never have to worry about paying your GHOA fees again
- Extra service charge of $5.00 will be added to annual fees to cover service charges from Stripe